Last updated on February 21st, 2017
When it comes to success in Stock market, one of the important factors apart from your trading strategy is the platform you use for the transaction. It is especially true if you are a day trader, where your profits can turn into losses in a fraction of second if the trading software is not reliable.
In this article, let us look at the best Share trading platforms in India, some of them are provided free of cost by the broker and for few others, you need to shell out monthly fees.
And if you are also looking for the Best trading apps for your smartphone, we suggest you to read the below article.
1) Zerodha Pi
Zerodha Pi is next generation trading platform from leading discount broker Zerodha (Zerodha Review) which offers many features such as Integrated Charting with upto 50000 candles, more than 80 technical analysis indicators, algo trading etc. There is lot of buzz happening about the Zerodha PI as it is said to be most advanced trading platform offered as on today. Some of the features of it are:
- Fastest platform in terms of speed of quotes updates
- Best 5 bids and best 5 offers
- Directly place an order from chart
- For semi-automated trading – Bridge with AmiBroker and Metatrade
Watch Introduction to Zerodha Pi on youtube:
To Know More about Pi Platform : You can visit Zerodha Pi – Trade Like it is Year 2020
As we are discussing about Zerodha, it also has another popular trading platform called KITE. It is a slick web based platform with simplicity and ease of use in mind.
Kite can be access through Tablet and Mobile as well. Kite also comes with the feature to trade in 10 Indian regional languages.
2) Angel SpeedPro
Another excellent platform from Angel broking along with their Angel EYE. It is an application based portal with many power packed features.
- 30 days intraday and 20 years historical data with 70 + studies for advance technical analysis
- Quick access to all account related information like My Portfolio, Trade Report, Funds Management and Backoffice Report.
- Multi Desktop Options which gives freedom to arrange preferred windows/tools in multiple desktop screens and conveniently toggle between them.
- Customizable Tool Bar to Control ribbon style menus and quick links.
- Enriched features like News Flash, Open in Excel (Live market in excel with rate refresh), Combined Best Five,Heat Map Analysis, Intraday, Historic and Continuous Charts.
- Other features like Online fund transfer (39 banks), Streaming Quotes and Multiple Exchanges.
Upstox is an ultra light trading platform from one of the reputed discount broker RKSV (Read RKSV Review here) built in direct competition to Zerodha Kite. Upstox is web and app based platform designed keeping superior trading experience in mind. Some of the salient features of Upstox are:
- Speed: Place your trades within 15 seconds
- Bandwidth : Minimal use of Bandwidth
- Security : Backed by 256 bit Encryption
- Fully regulated by SEBI; Licensed to trade on all leading exchanges
- Universal Search across exchanges
- Directly place an order from chart
- Live tracking of Bracket orders.
4) Sharekhan Trade Tiger
TradeTiger is one of the popular trading software of India from Sharekhan (Review of Sharekhan). It is said to be on of the excellent platform for day traders. You need to install the application at your system. Some of the salient features of TradeTiger are
- A single platform for multiple exchange BSE & NSE (Cash & F&O), MCX, NCDEX, Currency, Mutual Funds, IPOs
- Multiple Market Watch available on a Single Screen
- Multiple Charts with Tick by Tick Intraday and End of Day Charting powered with various Studies
- Graph Studies include Average, Band-Bollinger, Know SureThing, MACD etc
- User-defined alert settings on an input Stock Price trigger
- Premium Calculator, Span Calculator
- Shortcut key for FAST access to order placements & reports
5) Motilal Oswal Desktop Trading
It is a executable Desktop Platform which needs to be installed in the system. It is best suited for the investors and traders who want live market watch and faster execution.
Some of the Key feature of this desktop based platforms are:
- Super-fast trading execution with 1-second rate refresh
- More than 40 technical indicators in a single scrip.
- Interactive Risk Return Chart to choose from best combinations of the Portfolio
- Trade guide signal – New generation trend guiding tool to auto-generate buy/sell ideas
- Access to over 30,000 research reports across all asset classes in a single click
6) ICICIDirect Trade Racer
ICICdirect (Review of ICICIDirect) is a premier brokerage house who pioneered the online trading in the country. Their Trade Racer is advanced trading platform which provides you with Live streaming quotes & Research Calls, integrated fund transfer system along with multiple watch list facility. Power-packed with new features, TradeRacer gives power to the traders to identify market opportunities while enjoying the attractive new look and feel of the trading terminal.
It is free for customers who generate brokerage of more than Rs 750 in a month. For others, Rs 75 per month is charged towards subscription fee.
7) IndiaInfoline Trade Terminal (TT)
IIFL Trader Terminal is a comprehensive trading tool, with superior charting and analytical capabilities. It offers facility trade in cash, futures and options, mutual funds, IPOs, currencies and commodities, all in one screen on stock exchanges (BSE, NSE, MCX and NCDEX).
Some of the key features of TT are:
- Streaming quotes, instant order confirmation, multiple market watches, alerts
- Single-click access to depository, ledger, MTM profit/loss statement
- Advanced charting options & technical analysis tools
- Customizable view , Live-chat with customer care , Live research and news updates
- Accessible from the desktop, over the web as well as mobile phones
8) Kotak Keat Pro X
KEAT Pro X is a free, simple and high-speed online trading software that gives you control over your trade, allows you to track the markets live as well as buy and sell securities online in real time. Live-streaming Stock Market data, Personalized Watchlists, Charting Tools and High Speed Execution are the salient features of Keat Pro X
9) HDFC Securities Blink
Though little expensive, it is one of the good platform to trade. HDFC Securities charges Rs2999/- for 6 months towards subscription of the BLINK. Enrollment for longer duration upto 3 years are also available.
Faster order entry from Blink, Multiple Screens, Short keys for functions like Buy, Sell, Order Book, etc, Customizable color scheme are some of the features of BLINK.
10) NSE NOW
NSE NEAT on Web (NOW) is India’s prominent online share trading software and used by many traders using mobile and tablets. Using NSE NOW one can Access NSE servers directly which boosts trade execution speed, eliminating downtime. Day-wise and net-wise reports can be viewed. Information and alerts available via mobile, web or email. You can request and access advanced analytical graphs and charts. Many brokers like RKSV, Zerodha, Tradejini offer NOW along with their other platforms and it is very good for beginners.
Also Read : Best Share Brokers for online trading in India
Nowadays, Every broker is introducing new features into their software to attract and retain the customers and each one claim their’s as the best trading platform/software in India. Anyway, the healthy competition is always good for the end customer i.e the traders and Investors. If you have used any one of the above, please share your experience with other readers through comments. You can find more interesting and informative articles like this at our Archives page. You can also subscribe to our blog posts through the subscription box below to receive the next post at your Inbox.
And oh yes!, if you liked the article, consider it sharing through the social buttons below.
Image Credit: Respective Brokerage websites