Last updated on January 12th, 2017
“Edelweiss Brokerage Review“
Edelweiss Brokerage is one of India’s leading financial services groups with operations that span more than 40 different lines of business and subsidiaries. They offer a full range of investment solutions ranging from Equities, F&O, Currency, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Commodities, IPOs, Derivatives, Gold. Edelweiss offers real time trading opportunities on the BSE, NSE and MCX exchanges.
It is offering wide variety of retail service in India like
- Capital Market
- Asset Management
- Commodities Trading
- Investment Advisory
Edelweiss Brokerage Charges:
Below tables show the Brokerage Charges of Edelweiss for various trading segments.
Edelweiss Brokerage Charges for Equity delivery:
Edelweiss Brokerage Charges for Futures and Intraday:
Edelweiss Brokerage Charges for Options:
Edelweiss Demat Charges :
Following table shows the various charges associated with the Edelweiss Demat account such as Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC).
Edelweiss Trading Platforms:
It offers many trading platforms to suit the requirement of various types of Traders
- Edelweiss Xpress : The Xpress trading platform is customized to provide trader with a superior trading experience. This internet-based tool can be accessed through the Edelweiss website and replicates the trading terminal experience by providing real-time updates.
- Edelweiss Xtreme Trader: Xtreme Trader is an Install-able Desktop Trading Software which provides live streaming quotes, real-time charting tools and a host of features on an integrated platform to invest across multiple asset classes like equity, futures and options, currency derivatives and global indices.
- Edelweiss Mobile Trader: Edelweiss Mobile Trader is a new-age smart, stylish, powerful and a super speedy markets app that empowers traders to trade in stock markets (NSE & BSE), monitor their portfolio, transfer funds, get expert research and strategies.
* Also Read : Details of Best Stock Trading Platforms in India
Please refer the below table for the margin provided by Edelweiss
Sl No Segment Margin Provided
1 Equity Upto 20 times for Intraday
Upto 4 times for Delivery
2 Equity Futures Upto 3 times for Intraday
3 Equity Options Upto 3 times for Intraday Selling
No margin for buying
4 Currency Futures Upto 2 times for Intraday
5 Currency Options Upto 2 times for Intraday Selling
No margin for buying
6 Commodities Upto 3 times for Intraday
Edelweiss Fund Transfer:
Pay in (Deposit): You can transfer funds into your Trading Account via the following methods.
1. Through Trading Platform – You can transfer the funds from the linked bank account through the Edelweiss Xtreme Trader. Your account will be immediately reflected with the fund transferred.
2. Through Edelweiss Back office– You can transfer the funds from the linked bank account through the Edelweiss Backoffice. Your account will be immediately reflected with the fund transferred.
3. Online (Web transfer) – You can transfer the funds from the linked bank account through the Edelweiss Xpress. Your account will be immediately reflected with the fund transferred
Pay out (Withdrawal): A payout can be requested through Edelweiss back office. usually the payout is in terms of the Cheque couriered to your address. But one can request RTGS/NEFT transfer by applying separately for it.
Edelweiss Account Opening Charges
- Trading and Demat Account: Rs 750
- Commodity Trading Account: Rs 450
- Annual Maintenance Charges : Rs 500/year
List of documents required to open account with Edelweiss:
- 3 passport Size color Photographs
- PAN Card (mandatory)
- Address Proof – Any one of following
- Ration Card
- Voter Id
- Driving License
- Electricity Bill
- Bank Statement (latest 6months)
- If you want to trade derivatives then 1 copy of any of the following documents:
- Pay slip (latest)
- Form 16 / IT Returns ( latest)
- 6 month Bank statement (latest)
Edelweiss Registration and Contact Information:
BSE Sebi Regn No: INB / INFO11311637 NSE SEBI Reg. No: INB/ INF231311631
Edelweiss Contact: Edelweiss Securities Web Services Limited, Edelweiss Securities House, Off CST Road,Kalina, Mumbai, 400098 Edelweiss Customer Care Number (Toll Free) 1800 102 3335 For Service Request/Queries/Complaints: [email protected]
Also Read: Top 10 Brokerage companies in India to trade
That’s about review of Edelweiss. If you already have account with Edelweiss, let us know your experience (good or bad) and ratings/critics or any problems/issues faced through the comments. You can also share this article with your friends through the social share buttons on left/below