Last updated on January 11th, 2017
“Trade Smart online Review“
“Clarity, Cost Effectiveness and Convenience” are the three C’s of focus area for Trade Smart Online. Headquartered at Mumbai, it offers brokerage services in stock, commodity and currency trading segments. VNS Finance & Capital Services Limited, which is the parent company of TradeSmartOnline was incorporated in 1994. TradeSmartOnline is member of NSE Cash and Derivative segment, CSDL Depository participant, NCDEX & MCX , Currency Derivative of NSE and MCX and member of BSE. Let us understand the other feature of Trade Smart Online in this review.
Update: TradeSmartOnline is offering double promotional offer : 50% discount on Account Opening Fee + 50% CashBack on the Brokerage generated for the First month!. To avail this offer click Here
TradeSmartOnline Brokerage Charges
TradeSmartOnline offers three types of unique trading plans to suit every types of traders. You can select any one of the plan depending upon your trading profile
Rs 15 Per Order
You will be charged Rs15 per executed order, irrespective of size of the order across all the segments, CASH, F&O, Currency and Commodity Futures
- Trade @ 0.7 paise
you will be charged at 0.007% for Equity(Intraday), Equity F&O, Commodities and Currency Derivative trading , 0.07% for Equity delivery and Rs 7 per lot for Options .
- Unlimited Trading Per Month
* Unlimited Trading in Equity(intraday, delivery) and F&O segments for flat Rs 3999 per month.
* Unlimited currency derivatives trading for fixed Rs 1999 per month
* Unlimited commodity trading at MCX and NCDEX for flat Rs 3999 per month
Checkout our handy TradeSmartOnline brokerage chart for your quick reference (Click on the image to Enlarge)
TradeSmartOnline Trading Platforms
TradeSmartOnline offers two different platforms namely NSE NOW and NEST Trader. You can use these two platforms in Browser based, executable(software) or mobile modes.
NOW can be used to trade in Equities, F&O and Currencies. NEST can be used to trade in Equities, F&O, Currencies and Commodities
1. NSE NOW
TradeSmartOnline supports the NSE NOW platform which is basically from National Stock Exchange (NSE). NSE NOW is industry’s preeminent trading platform and used by many traders using mobile and tablets. Using NSE NOW you can Access NSE servers directly which boosts trade execution speed, eliminating downtime. Day-wise and net-wise reports can be viewed. Information and alerts available via mobile, web or email. Request and access advanced analytical graphs and charts
2. NEST TraderNEST Trader is a complete trading solution for Investors and Traders, developed by Omnesys Technologies Pvt. Ltd. The software has been developed to provide an integrated system for trading and risk management. It gives you the convenience of secure and real time access to quotes and trading. With NEST Trader you can Place Orders, Modify or Cancel Orders, View Order Book, View Trade Book, View Position Book, View Limits, View Quotes, View Market Picture (MBP)
TradeSmartOnline Fund Transfers
Pay in: You can transfer funds into your Trading Account via the following methods.
1. Payment Gateway – Funding your trading account through the Payment Gateway is one of the quickest methods to transfer funds from any linked bank account directly into your trading account. But mind you will costs you Rs. 8 per transfer if transferred through NEST platform. If you use NOW platform they it is free of Cost.
There is no cap on minimum and maximum amount of fund transfer in NOW platform. But for NEST, minimum and maximum limits are Rs100 and Rs 5,00,000 respectively per transaction
2. NEFT/RTGS – Funds can be transferred electronically to your trading account from any linked bank via NEFT/RTGS.
3. Cheque Deposit – You can transfer funds to your trading account by cheque from any of your linked bank account.
Pay out: A payout can be requested through TradeSmartOnline back office or from either NOW or NEST Platform. Your withdrawal request will be processed by RTGS/NEFT transfer at the end of the same trading day.
Trade Smart Online in comparison with other Stock Brokers:
Check out how TradeSmartOnline equates with other brokers
|TradeSmartOnline Comparision Matrix|
| TradeSmartOnline Vs CompositEdge |
| TradeSmartOnline Vs HDFC Securities|
| TradeSmartOnline Vs ICICIDirect
| TradeSmartOnline Vs Tradejini|
|TradeSmartOnline Vs ShareKhan |
| TradeSmartOnline Vs Religare Securities
| TradeSmartOnline Vs RKSV|
|TradeSmartOnline Vs SASOnline |
| TradeSmartOnline Vs Zerodha
For comparison of Tradesmartonline with more brokers, Visit our Side By Side Comparison of Stock Brokers page
Is TradeSmartOnline Right for “YOU”?
The main differentiating factor which sets out TradeSmartonline from other discount brokers like Zerodha, RKSV is, DP account. TradeSmartOnline has their own DP account and hence you need no open another account with different DP’s which is the case with other discount brokers.
You should consider opening account with them if you are unsure of your trading profile itself!. They provide three different types of brokerage plans and you can switch between the plans
Trade Smart Online unlimted plans are perfect for you if you are do lot of trading and hence don’t want to go with someone who offers “pay as you trade” type of plans. But in case you are an swing trader/investor doing limited trades but the turnover is very high hence do not wish to go for full service brokers, TradeSmartOnline’s Rs15 per trade plan will be good for you.
TradeSmartonline is not for you if you are interested in dealing with mutual funds, IPO and FDs. Like any other discount brokers TradeSmartonline does not offer service in these segments. TradeSmartonline does not offer 3-in-1 account, so you need keep in mind that, everytime you should transfer the funds to TradeSmartonline account before start trading, not a big disadvantage though.
Also Read: Leading Discount Stock Brokers in India
That’s about the review of the Trade Smart Online and details about their Brokerage charges . If you already have account with them, let us know your experience and ratings/critics through the comments.