If you visit Zerodha website (www.zerodha.com), you will observe that they are giving more emphasis on technology, “Stock Broking meets Technology” goes their theme. Today if Zerodha is staying miles ahead of its competition then it is certainly because of the risk they had taken in building their own platform. While other brokers were still nudging on same old NEST platforms, Zerodha was silently investing on their time and money on creating homegrown platform. Being a startup company in year 2010, they had to relay on the NSE NOW which was provided freely by National Stock Exchange.
We have written detailed list of top 10 trading platforms of India, Zerodha’s Pi and Kite are also featured in the list.
Zerodha Kite : Introduction
Zerodha PI and Kite are the most successful platforms launched by them. Pi is basically very advanced platform, performance driven and hence it is resource heavy. So address this, Zerodha built a very light platform with good user interface (UI) called Kite for browsers, mobiles and tablets. Lets find out the features and capabilities of it in this review of Zerodha Kite.
Zerodha Kite : Resource Requirements
Kite is very light on resources. Total bandwidth consumption is less than 0.5 Kbps for a full marketwatch. It makes it also suitable for day trading. (In-fact Pi was built keeping the day traders in mind and Kite for the positional traders and investors)
Zerodha Kite : Language Support
Kite supports 11 Languages. The language supported as of now are English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Malayalam, Punjabi and Odiya. Language preference can be selected while login to platform.
- Dashboard is the welcome screen when you login to kite. Here you will get all the data you need pertaining to your account. On can find the overview of the account, with a tree map visualization of stock holdings based on invested amount, current value, and P&L. Horizontal bar graph to view the most profitable and loss making positions from your demat account holdings.
- You can have a quick view of the fundamental data of the for stocks, both in your marketwatch and holdings.
- Similar to stock widget, one can open the chart of the scrip by clicking on the button as shown below.
- Kite offers 6 different types of charts and can be selected through a dropdown menu.
- The time frame of the chart can be changes on similar lines through the dropdown menu.
- Zerodha Kite supports more than 100 indicators which covers almost all the indicators used by modern day traders.
- It also offers 20 different drawing tools which can be customized using the setting Tab.
Zerodha Kite for Andriod and iOS
- One-tap universal instrument search for all contracts across all exchanges — NSE, BSE, MCX
- Live streaming data
- Multiple marketwatch and live market depths
- Advanced chart with 100+ indicators
- Years worth of free historical chart data
- Trade Equities, F&O, Commodities, Currency
- Various order types: Regular, AMO, BO (Bracket orders), CO (Cover orders)
Also Read : Best Mobile trading apps of India
Building a homegrown technology will definitely should enable Zerodha to have complete control over it. They need not depend on third party vendors to fix any issues reported by customers. They can also leverage the technical know-how to fully customize the Kite platform to latest needs. However they need to ensure that the product is fully stable before releasing any new update to the users.